Thank you for taking the time to visit our web site.
Mayfair Bible Church is an independent, non-denominational Bible Church located in the Mayfair community for well over a century.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible – We believe that the Bible, comprising both Old and New Testaments, is the work of God, a divine revelation from God, the original manuscripts of which were verbally inspired by God, the Holy Spirit.
- The Trinity – We believe that God has seen fit to reveal Himself as a Triune Godhead in unity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, three persons yet but one God.
- The Godhead – We believe that the Godhead is Divine, and Jesus Christ is the express image of the invisible God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross of Calvary, shedding His blood as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of every man, and rose from among the dead and ascended into heaven in His glorified body where He now is the Christian’s intercessor as High Priest. He will come again personally and visibly to set up His kingdom and to judge both the living and the dead.
- Salvation – We believe that man was originally created in the image of God, but fell into sin and in that sense is lost. This fact is true of all men and, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Salvation is by grace alone, by believing in and accepting Christ as personal Savior. The Christian is called with a holy calling to walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit and to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world. Both the retribution of the unbeliever and the reward of the righteous are everlasting and alike conscious.
- Assurance – We believe that every true believer is assured by the Word of God of his eternal security in Christ.
- The True Church – We believe that the True Church is comprised of an elect company of believers who have been baptized into the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit whose task it is to witness concerning the Head, Jesus Christ, and preach the Gospel message of salvation to all people everywhere. As the Bride, the True Church will be caught up to meet the Lord before He comes to set up His kingdom.
- Church Ordinances – We believe that Christ instituted two ordinances for His Church – baptism and communion. Baptism is an outward identification with our Lord by immersion in water, a symbol of our death, burial, and resurrection with our Lord Jesus Christ. Communion, whereof the symbols are bread and wine, is an ordinance wherein the Lord’s death is shown forth in remembrance of Him until He comes, administered to all who, in humility, accept the right to share in such sacred privilege by the righteousness of Christ alone.
Under the headship of Christ, leading of the Holy Spirit, and teaching of the inerrant and sufficient Holy Scriptures, the elders administer the church with the assistance of deacons in the expression of their ministries.
To prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
As believers in Jesus Christ, we gather together to learn, pray, worship, and fellowship with one another. We attempt to serve, encourage, and motivate one another by using the individual skills, talents, and gifts given to us by the Holy Spirit. It is our prayer and goal that this will bring us to a unity in faith and in our understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ. As we leave our gathering, we desire to be a strong and mature group of people who enter our individual homes, neighborhoods, places of education, and places of employment as a witness for Christ in both word and deed. We desire that our lives evidence our belief in Jesus and that we can lead others to faith in Christ.
As members of Mayfair Bible Church, we agree and voluntarily submit to our Statement of Faith and church covenant.
Having been led by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and accepting the Holy Scriptures as our rule of faith and practice, we do now, in the presence of God solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another.
We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to seek the growth of this Church in Scriptural knowledge and holiness; to promote its prosperity by tithes and offerings; and to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrine.
We also engage to maintain family and private Bible reading and prayer; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintance; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings and faithful in our engagements.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to help each other in sickness and distress; to be slow to take offense, and always ready for reconciliation.
Humbly confessing our sins, we pray for grace and strength to keep this covenant with one another to the glory of God.